Taylor Eggleton - the face behind Origami
Hi! I’m Taylor, I’m a Canberra local and graphic designer, and I’m currently at the tail end of my two degrees in Bachelor of Arts (Digital Design & Production/Japanese Language) and Bachelor of Science in Psychology. I'm doing these at the University of Canberra in collaboration with ANU and UNSW Art and Design (formally CoFA).
I like long walks on the beach, exploring new places, cooking and photographing my food, and huge bowls of pasta. An avid artist my whole life, I was known as a child for coming home from school, getting out paper and pencils and drawing at the living room table until bedtime! Nowadays, you'll find me most often running my food blog, drawing portraits and doing illustrations for clients.
Why choose Origami?
It can be daunting to gamble on an individual instead of a larger company. Let me give you some reasons why it’s actually a very clever idea:
- Your project gets the one-on-one attention and respect only an individual can offer.
- You get to experience a fresh and unique design style that your competitors aren’t already using.
- You pay less, because you’re only paying one wage and no GST.
- You’re always speaking with the same person.
- You help the Australian economy by stimulating small business and diversifying the design industry.
Not only this, but I’m great at what I do, breaking school records for art and design work and achieving an average mark of 85% in my university graphics courses. Check out my portfolio to see for yourself some of the work I’ve done with my happy clients.